Remember the turtle won!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a 30something year old gal who wants to run a race with out her thighs rubbing together...

Monday, April 5, 2010

For Easter I traded a Cadbury egg for a few NSVs.

For those of you who don't speak the language of Weight Watchers, NSV= non-scale vicory. Clever right? I feel these are just as important as having a scale victory.
I took advantage of the lovely weather and took Miss Kia (see picture above) to the Paw Park. Dogs need their exercise just as much as humans. And as always, Kia wants to dress to impress. Like her pink mohawk?

This weekend went pretty good. I had lunch with the gal pals on Saturday. We split a Garbage Basket which had fried pickes, mushrooms, mini tacos, jalapeno poppers, cheese balls, and brew city fries. I did have a few things out of basket. Who can deny a mini taco? I did have a salad tho which is HUGE for me because I love bar food. Like if I could marry it I probably would, but polygamy is not legal in Iowa. I had a gyro salad with the dressing on the side. I even took more than half of it home because it was huge. My girlfriends both had cheeseburgers which is something I would normally get and clean the plate no problem, so I felt good about my choice and I didn't feel bad for enjoying a mini taco and a couple of cheeseballs.

I had to get my rings and necklace inspected at the jewelery store, so Dustie dropped me off at the mall. He said he would go put my new tire on (thank you city of Cedar Falls for taking your sweet-ass time fixing the potholes) and said he would come pick me up. I turned to him and said, "You know what? I'm going to walk." The dealership is roughly a mile away from the mall so it's not like I did a marathon, but it felt great to walk and be outside. By the time I got back there he had just finished so it was perfect timing.

Before Easter dinner, we walked from my mama's house to the gas station to get some brew. It's not a long walk what-so ev, but we didn't drive.

For Easter dinner I didn't overindulge like I normally would. Holidays are super hard for me NOT to overeat. I work two jobs and Dustie works long ass hours so its rare that we both get to sit down and enjoy a home cooked meal together. I stopped when I felt satisfied. I even had three deviled eggs which are my fave.

I'm going to start making a point to walk to places as much as I can. We live on the outside of town so there isn't a ton of things I could walk to. The grocery store is probably a little less than two miles from the apartment, so I want to try that soon. My reusable giraffe tote bags will make it easy to carry groceries home, and allow me to be fashionable at the same time. Win-win. I didn't officially work out, but walking places I would normally hop in the car to get to made me feel really good.

How did your Easter go? Do you feel more motivated to work out after a holiday?

1 comment: