Remember the turtle won!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a 30something year old gal who wants to run a race with out her thighs rubbing together...

Friday, November 5, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Pasta!

This is actually my 2nd new recipe, but officially its my first since announcing my new part of the challenge. I love my crockpot, like to the point of wanting to dry hump the inventor. Some people think its not real cooking since you throw a bunch of shit in a pot and heat it up, but hell, it tastes good and its easy. Mrs. Whoa likes easy.

MMMM.....I strategically did not take a picture of the garlic cheese bread ;-)
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Pasta
4 Bonelss Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/2 cup Franks hot wing sauce
2 Tbsp white vinegar
2 Tbsp melted light margarine
1/8 tsp celery seeds
black pepper to taste
4 wedges Laughing Cow Light Creamy Herb and Garlic
4 cups cooked whole wheat pasta
Place the chicken breasts in a slow cooker. Combine the wing sauce, vinegar, margarine, celery seeds and black pepper in a bowl and mix well. Pour over the chicken and cook on low for about 6 hours ( Mine actually cooks much faster than this but it probably depends on your crock pot). When chicken is cooked, cut it up into small pieces and add the 4 wedges of cheese, stirring until melted. Cover and let it cook for awhile longer, just to let the cheese mix in well. Serve over hot cooked pasta. Smash.
Makes 4 servings at 8 points each.

The Verdict: Super yum! I did not use whole wheat pasta (sue me). I'm trying this thing where I grocery shop in my own cupboard because I'm tired of food going to waste. I had little bow tie pastas, and they are much cuter than the whole wheat stuff anyway. I also didn't use celery seeds because I didn't have them. Very tasty and the chicken shredded very nicely. Super easy....next time I might make wraps.

Oh yeah....I worked out last night too. I had my gym back packed before work and all I wanted to do was freaking nap. I still went telling myself the last I could do is 20-30 minutes.

I walked/ran on the dredmil for 20 minutes, biked for 15 minutes, and did the stair climber for 10 minutes. So 463 calories down, 9537 to go.

Weekend goal: Work out at least one time. It may not seem like much, but working at a bar all weekend the last thing I want to do it work out and eat well. :) Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! Good job on your goals. I have a hard time getting AP's in on the weekend too. I was going to go to the gym tonight but DH wants to go out for my bday dinner tonight. So Saturday and Sunday I will need to get some AP's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love buffalo chicken pasta!!

    Great job Jami!

    ReplyDelete