Remember the turtle won!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a 30something year old gal who wants to run a race with out her thighs rubbing together...

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Getting back on track....my dress needs to fit.

I splurged like crazy at the Iowa State Fair, but I went in knowing that was my plan. The Iowa State Fair is not only known for its mullets and butter cows, but its mostly known for all food on-a-stick. Cheesecake, pork chops, salads....you name it, they stick it.

I'll post another blog once I get my pictures uploaded. Everything I ate was very tasty, but my tummy HATES me right now. I can't decide what is worse...hangovers from food or from booze.

In 19 days Mr. Whoa and I have a wedding to go to for one of his coworkers. He is the best man and I'm the personal attendant. You know there are very few couples that I get excited about their wedding, but these two I am so happy for. They are a great pair.

So here is my dress....

And my sweet-ass pumps

The best thing about my outfit is that I got it for less than $100. I bought my dress for $24! I had a $30 off coupon, $25 gift card, and it was no tax weekend here in Iowa. I had actually bought the shoes for BIL and Hooker's wedding in June, but it didn't match my dress so I had to sadly take them back. After I bought my dress I went to Von Maur to look for shoes and there they were. The ONLY pair on the sale rack and they were my size. If that's not fate, then I don't know what is. I also bought them for $40 less than what I originally paid for.

The dress is pretty flattering, but there are a few lumps I would like less visible. I think if I stick to cleanish eating for the next 2 1/2 weeks, I will be good to go!

6 comments:

  1. love the dress where did you purchase it? Im in need of a dress for my BF's wedding soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a HOT outfit! You can definitely behave for the 2 weeks and rock that dress. Post pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought it at Express! Make sure to sign up for their emails, they are always sending coupons.

    Thanks doll! I hope it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! That is some dress! You are going to rock it! I love the whole outfit. Can't wait to see pics of you in it. In the next 19 days go jogging as much as you can. It is such a workout. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE DRESS
    and I feel you on the fair... the last 2 weeks I haven't kept track of anything.. It was my brothers b-day...then the fair- drank beer and the food. We went two days at the fair....

    I told myself I'm back to counting this week..

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have our state fair starting this Thursday. I'm going on Saturday to see Tim McGraw. I know I'm gonna have to eat a few things but I'm going to try and control myself. :)

    ReplyDelete