Remember the turtle won!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a 30something year old gal who wants to run a race with out her thighs rubbing together...

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My September challenge: No drive-thrus!

If it were only that easy, right?

I have a huge huge issue with eating in the car. I travel for work and often times I find myself bored, so I stop to eat. Am I hungry, not usually. I thought with getting a new car I would stop eating in the car, but I didn't. I feel so gross and sluggish after eating fast food, and I never feel full. Plus its getting expensive. I spent $8 at McDonalds. EIGHT FLIPPING DOLLARS! I could have gone to the grocery store and gotten 2-3 meals for that.

Yesterday I picked up groceries for the remainder of the week. I didn't get much since we will be gone this weekend. So I load up my giraffe grocery tote and head out of there. I have a bag FULL of groceries and what the hell do I do? Stop at Wendy's. Mr. Whoa works till 8-8:30 so I eat dinner super late, which makes me think I need to snack after work. Was I hungry? No, not really. I think I just need to eat dinner ealier and then have a little snack when Mr. Whoa gets home. We don't get to see a lot of each other, so I like to have dinner with him. When I eat at 8:30 and head to bed about 10ish, it just sits in my tummy which is no good.

I'm on my 3rd day of being soda sober and I already am feeling better. It's super hard not to drink it when I'm working at the bar. On Tuesdays and Fridays I'm working 19 hour days, so a little caffeine can go a long way. I'm sticking with coffee and iced tea. I'll allow myself some soda if I decide to have a mixed drink, but I don't drink like I used to. )))Hangovers(((

Here are my simple steps to healthy living:

1. No soda (unless in mixed drinks)

2. No fast food (with the exception of Pablo's and Subway :)

I'll add a new challenge every week. It may be as simple as drinking an extra glass of water everyday or running five miles a week. I have always been an all-or-nothing type person, and that has obviously backfired. Here's to baby steps!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with staying out of the drive-thru! I was a frequent flyer myself and found that keeping (healthy) snacks in the car helped me stay away. My wallet has thanked me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone else recommended keeping your purse in the trunk. I'm going to try this as well.

    What were your favorite snacks to pack?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals. I need to attempt to renew my no soda rule as well. It is just so hard!

    This is my first time at your blog - and we have pretty similiar goals. I love your saying "peace out" to various double digits. Today I saw the 180s for the first time in a long while and I am sooo hapy.

    ReplyDelete