Remember the turtle won!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a 30something year old gal who wants to run a race with out her thighs rubbing together...

Friday, May 28, 2010

I'm out of the 190s....AGAIN!

I hated that I was in them in the first place. My highest weigh in ever was 198.8 January 2009. Last week I weighed in at 190.8. I knew I had to do something before I reached my highest weight again. After planning my week's meals and dabbling into a little exercise I am down 1.6!

I do miss the first week weigh-ins from when I did Weight Watchers in the past. I remember losing 7.6, 5.2, and other large numbers. I did go out to lunch Wednesday and had fries, and I had a pizza buffet yesterday for lunch. I had my salad (dressing on the side of course) and I only had about one slice of za. I picked at two pieces, but didn't finish either. I felt good about that. Usually at pizza joints I stuff myself to oblivion.

Brother-in-law's wedding is only three weeks away. I'd LOVE to lose 50 pounds by then since his fiance and my mother-on-law like to remind me that I'm a fatass (yes, actual words from their mouths, quite lady-like aren't they), but I know that's not going to happen. If I can't be excited about the wedding, I'd like to be excited about what I'm wearing. I bought this:

Dress from ModCloth:
With these shoes:

I love all things girlie...ruffles, bows, etc. I really hope this dress fits. I'm really excited to see Mr. Whoa's family, and my mom and sister and her family will be attending as well.

I also am aware I will not be reaching my 10,000 calorie goal this month, but I would like to report I exercised twice yesterday. For my full-time job, we had a walk in each of our ten counties for Older American's Month. I was in Greene, Iowa, and we had over thrity participants. It may not seem like much, but for a town of about 1000 people, that was a great turn out. Almost all participants were 60 year old and older, and there was even a lady there who was 95 years old! We did a one mile walk with the particpants. After putting the signs up I figured I walked about two miles yesterday. I didn't bring my HRM or my Nike +, but I walked about 1/2 an hour, which usually calculates about 300 calories.

Last night I went on a bike ride of half an hour. After a few days of the weather being humid and just gross, it was nice to get outside and enjoy the breeze. These work outs don't compare with my previous hour-two hour workouts, but hey, it's something. I used to be an all or nothing type of person, but I've finally grasped the concept that thinking that way burns me out. I am soooo happy to report that I cooked dinner Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday night! I menu planned on Sunday and stuck to it. Disclaimer: I don't cook Tuesdays because I am working at the bar. I also brought my lunch everyday except for Wednesday and Thursday. Two days may not seem like much, but its a huge improvement for me.

I was also getting really bad about my water intake. I have this complex where I only like to drink water from a straw, and my water bottle from Fat Tuesdays in Vegas had mold in it because I left it in my car. I was at Wal-Mart last night and I found an awesome water bottle with a straw that holds both cool and hot drinks for only $5.77. Plus its purple, which makes it super awesome.

Day: 2 (Face palm)
Weather: Sunny, high 70s.
Calories burned: 559
Calories till goal: 8481

No comments:

Post a Comment